NATIONAL BIBLE BEE
This Host Agreement confirms the agreement between you and The Shelby Kennedy Foundation ("SKF", also known as "Bible Bee Headquarters") for the 2013 National Bible Bee. Under this Host Agreement, your participation is defined as hosting a Local Bible Bee. The intent of this Agreement is to outline the working relationship and mutual expectations between the Local Host and SKF.
The mission of The Shelby Kennedy Foundation is to help families strengthen their personal relationships with the Lord and dynamically impact the world as ambassadors of Jesus Christ. Within that mission, the vision of the National Bible Bee is to encourage parents as they disciple their children through in-depth study of the Word of God, Scripture memorization, and prayer. In order to accomplish the vision of the National Bible Bee, SKF sanctions Local Bible Bees led by approved Hosts and their Local Event Teams.
By sanctioning your Local Bible Bee, SKF agrees to:
- Advertise your Local Bible Bee and post your public contact information on the Bible Bee website so that contestants can register for your Bee.
- Provide a local website ("microsite") for your Local Bible Bee.
- Provide contestant registration services and make your contestant families’ registration data available to you through the microsite.
- Accept tax-deductible donations through the Local Donation Program for your Local Bible Bee with appropriate receipting functions. Donations made to your Bee under the Local Donation Program, less the five percent (5%) administrative fee, will be sent to the Associated Church that you designate, so that they can distribute the funds to you.
- Assign an SKF Customer Service Representative to you who will be available for support and guidance.
- Provide you with a Bible Bee Host Box (Host Guidebook, Local Contest Day Notebook, marketing materials, supplies, etc.) and test materials for use in your Local Contest.
- Provide all Bible Bee study materials to the contestant families.
- Post the scores and national ranking of local contestants after the Local Contests.
- Plan and conduct the National Bible Bee Competition.
- Facilitate Volunteer registration through your Local Bee microsite.
- Provide 10 weekly e-mails of encouragement for you to send to your contestant families.
- Provide you with consistent updates and encouragement from Bible Bee Headquarters as you lead your Local Bee.
By agreeing to serve as a Local Bible Bee Host, you are stating that you:
- Agree with and are willing to abide by The Shelby Kennedy Foundation Statement of Faith.
- Will review and comply with and follow all Bible Bee rules, guidelines, and procedures as outlined in The National Bible Bee Competition Rulebook, the Volunteer Security Agreement, and the attached Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
- Understand that the Host registration fee is nonrefundable.
- Will secure a relationship with an Associate Church, and complete the Local Donation Program Agreement Form and return the completed form to SKF no later than May 1, 2013.
- Will secure a relationship with a "Designated Test Recipient" and return the Designated Test Recipient Agreement Form to SKF no later than June 1, 2013.
- Will be your Local Event Team’s liaison to Bible Bee Headquarters.
- Will carry the responsibility for raising the funds needed to prepare for and host your Local Bible Bee, including advertising, facilities, and supply expenses.
- Will make clear in advertising and in dealings with the public that your Local Bible Bee is sanctioned by, not sponsored by, SKF.
- Will instruct media to contact The Shelby Kennedy Foundation directly for comments related to the National Bible Bee and will limit specific comments to your own Local Bible Bee.
- Will hold one Bible Bee contestant family activity in June, July and August.
- Will find and arrange use of a suitable venue for your Local Bee’s Local Contest Day.
- Will host a Local Bible Bee Contest on August 24, 2013.
- Will accept, test, use and return the Apperson electronic scanner and software provided by SKF for scoring during your Local Contest. This requires the following technological requirements: a PC computer with Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7; a USB port on the computer, a printer that is compatible with the computer; administrative rights on the computer, and an internet connection.
- To receive the full benefit of all the support provided by SKF to you as a Host, you must own a PC computer running Windows XP, Vista or 7, with internet service and a printer. Additionally, you will need MS-Office compatible software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), e-mail, and a CD/DVD drive.
- Will ensure that test results and Local Contest Day materials, including the designated Contest Administrator’s Box items and the Apperson scanner, are compiled and sent to Bible Bee Headquarters no later than Monday, August 26, 2013 in the manner prescribed by SKF.
We thank you for agreeing to be part of this endeavor by hosting a Local Bible Bee in your community! Together with God we are discipling families, one verse at a time!